1975 - Steve Martyn's Equator

Mick Deiton - bass, Me - vocals, Paul Longland - keyboards,
Steve Andrews - guitar, Tony Hall - drums

There seems to be a bit of a theme going here, spot the same old faces? This is the Steve Martyn Band + new member Paul Longland on keyboards. The addition of keyboards allowed us to experiment with more progressive material, our big number being Lady Fantasy by Camel we also attempted a couple of huge standards in Stairway to Heaven and Freebird. Our big local gig was at The Bull in Irthlingborough this was where I really began to develop my role as frontman. I can remember standing on a bar stool at the end of the night and punching the air only to find out that I was directly under a big wooden light shade my hand went "inside" and got trapped (more shades of Spinal Tap) I'm sure that the audience was impressed lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment